Happy New Year — Its 2019! Spilling the Tea on Lessons Learned in 2018
Spilling the Tea on Lessons Learned in 2018
So it’s 2019, so Happy New Year! I thought that it would be a good idea to write a post to get G&P Unlimited off to an amazing start.
I wanted to say a HUGE thank you for joining with us on this journey. Your support, comments and kind words mean so much to me and my family and we are grateful and thankful.
Here’s the thing about running and starting G&P Unlimited Co. It is an unconventional company where most of the work is done all alone while playing with concepts and ideas. Exploring ways to connect with people, to share our journey and in the progress create products and services that are unique and wonderful. For the reader this has been a 20-year evolution; while we are still searching for our tribe, we ended 2018 finding our voice. So, thank you to our early adopters, customers, and blog readers.
Let me tell you what we have learned this year:
- Be Authentic to your mission and vision. Stop trying to change to get acceptance. There are a billion people on the planet, why are you trying to change to accommodate the 50 people that you just so happen to be surrounded by? Take a journey outside your comfort zone and you will find a world of endless possibilities.
- If you are going to fail, you might as well fail, while staying true to yourself. It is inevitable that you are going to make a mistake and sometimes fail. The problem we make is that we fail at something while pretending to be someone else.
- Be passionate about what you do. Social media will sell you best practices, but it is not able to sell you your individual roadmap to happiness. Don’t try to make money; instead, be passionate about what you do and believe in it, then money will come.
- The Devil loves sprinters, but God rewards distant runners. You have to keep going regardless if you only have 1 person believing in you. God rewards those who persevere and keep going.
- Don’t sell your integrity or soul to obtain wealth and success.
I could go on and talk about all of the amazing things that I have learned, but I’m just gonna stop here! Thank you once again for joining us on this amazing journey and look forward to more from GPUNLTD.